October 23, 2009

Knitting and Painting

Its been a while since my last post here. The reason is that I have, as always been painting a bunch. Also I got a chance to go to the Rhinebeck sheep and wool festival, very big event for knitters. It was splendid, I saw many people, much yarn and so many sheep. ( These events seem to only add fodder to my dream of owning a small hobby farm some day.) I was also pleased to be able to obtain a whole lot of photos for future sheep paintings. Which always pleases me. I don't know if any of you have a warm up craft that you do, but knitting for me is a warm up. I find it keeps my hands steady and limber. Also its fun and very addictive. 
The oil paintings are still in the works. I finally broke down and bought some linseed oil so that I would be more satisfied with my trees in the landscape that I'm working on. We will see if it helps at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment