February 8, 2010

Peel


I've been working a lot in the studio, mostly on oils, though I still want to do a few more large watercolors before the show in August. The watercolor above is a still life that I did over the holidays, when I found myself eating at least eight clementines a day. 
Speaking of the show I need to figure out how to frame twenty or so watercolors and not spend an entire fortune. I've been thinking about approaching framers and asking for a discount in return for some promotion or just because of the sheer number of pieces that need framing. Plan B which seems to be the more realistic, though much more work intensive solution, is me framing everything myself. Obviously I would need a class or a good book to help me in these adventures. 
The Poppies painting that I wrote about previously seems to have finally come out of hibernation. Something just clicked for me last night and I went at it. The background is finally coming out the way I imagined it, I'm very pleased. Hopefully I will be able to post the completed painting soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment