September 11, 2010

The Sketchbook Project



I recently heard about the Sketchbook Project (thanks geninne for writing about it on your beautiful blog) and in my usual excitement about these sorts of things, signed up immediately. The way that it works is each person who signs up gets a little notebook, which they illustrate keeping to a certain theme, I chose "in flight". There is a deadline to send them back, all of these sketchbooks then go on tour to galleries and museums and finally become part of The Brooklyn Art Library.
The day I received my little book I was very eager to begin, then the blank pages (as I flipped through them) began to stare out at me, as blank pages sometimes do. At that point I had to put it away. Its only now that I'm starting to sketch in it. I hope to take pictures as I go so that all of my readers can be a part of it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment