January 20, 2011

Zacchaeus' Ladder

For once I have a painting that is very appropriate to my blog title. I've been working on this sycamore for a few weeks now and am pleased with how it turned out. I have to say that this painting is one of those that always calls one back, so I'm hard pressed to say that its done.
I've already played with hanging it all through the house and I am quite happy, its a very social painting and really lights up any room its in. My theory is that trees in general seem to do so.


I found this sycamore on one of my walks on a street which is lined with very old sycamores and they are just beautiful, especially at sunset when the upper branches are lit with a golden light. This one caught my eye because it is so twisted and oddly shaped, also it looks as if someone could just climb right up. Hence the title of the work.


Title: Zacchaeus' Ladder
Size: 24"x36"
Medium: oil on canvas

6 comments:

  1. This is SO lovely... I am however guessing 'club' right up is a typo and you meant 'climb' because I dread the thought of this beautiful tree getting 'clubbed' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, thats what I get for not having that third cup of coffee! Thanks for the tip : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of your artwork being "a very social painting." I agree...

    A teacher once told me "trees have spirit," your tree definitely has personality & life.

    Found your blog through Finding Fine Art Team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this painting! Found you on Etsy - and I love your work ;-)

    ReplyDelete