February 15, 2011

In the Studio: On my windowsill


Cross sections from this years Christmas tree, small clay bird from pottery barn, and of course my favorite acrylic ink.

The art of keeping small objects is well practiced in my house. I think everyone has them to some extent, those things that serve no "practical purpose" but are used to inspire and motivate or just to please. As much as I love these little objects (and alas for my husband the not so little ones, I think the "very useful door" is the stuff of legends ) they do seem to multiply at a frightening pace. I try to incorporate them in the rest of the house, you know spread them out so as to hide their true numbers. They do, however, work wonders for sitting down and thinking about my next project.

So what's on your windowsill?

No comments:

Post a Comment