April 6, 2011

Private Collection



Sometimes I have a lot of trouble letting go of my work. The painting becomes either sentimentally important or the amount of time invested makes it too dear to sell. While part of me wants very much for others to enjoy my work there is also the desire to hold on tight to these particular paintings.
So as a solution, I have earmarked a few paintings for my own collection. This has had the surprising effect of giving me more energy to create, I know a lot of people will say that getting rid of everything is refreshing (I'm not that way and I don't strive to be). Perhaps its taking out the business side of creating or just knowing that painting is still, in some ways, a relaxing activity. Besides thats what prints are for right?

No comments:

Post a Comment