September 26, 2011

Elkton Senior Apartments

An original cabbage watercolor of mine. Located in the lobby.

I recently attended the opening of the Elkton Senior Apartments. I have to say it is one of the most artfully done apartment complexes that I have ever seen. Almost all of the artworks are originals and they range from paintings to quilts, stain glass, and even door- knockers (no two are alike and each apartment has one).

Open sitting area with windows surrounding and lovely stain glass.

The apartments themselves are lovely but I think what makes this place very special is the community rooms. I saw the following: a computer lounge (where you can check out an ipad!), a billiard table, gym, a gardening room filled with orchids, violets and lots of other pretty plants, and I counted three large porches each on different floors.

Rooftop succulent garden.

I love the rooftop succulent garden, such a pretty way to decorate this space! Every corner both inside and outside is filled with beautiful detail.

One of my favorite paintings there by Abigail Mcbride.


The ribbon cutting!

I am very happy to have been a part of this project. Thank you again Mosi for making it all come together so beautifully!

2 comments:

  1. SO thrilled you're a part of it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a chance to check out the apartments and I am so proud to have been a part of it! It really did turn out amazing. Thanks for highlighting my painting!

    ReplyDelete