October 23, 2013

Owls and Sunflowers


I've started to buy fresh flowers every week from the farmers market. The market around our house has great prices plus the vendors are so friendly. This Wednesday is the last of the season, so I'm not sure how I'm going to get my flower fix over the winter. 


Title: Peeking
Medium: watercolor and acrylic on paper
Size: 9"x9" 

I finished another little owl painting, it must be the crisp fall weather that has me thinking about owls and crows. The forest is filled with bright reds and yellows, you can still hear the cicadas although I think that will stop soon. We are going to have the first few frosts in the coming nights. 

I've been reading this book about hibernation, wonderful for getting in the mood for winter. Plus it lets you look into the winter habits of many animals. 



No comments:

Post a Comment