February 5, 2015

Brewer's Blackbird



"Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise

Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Black-bird fly
Black-bird fly, into the light of a dark black night

Black-bird fly
Black-bird fly, into the light of a dark black night

Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise
you were only waiting for this moment to arise
you were only waiting for this moment to arise"


-Paul McCartney


Humming Blackbird lyrics as I finish up this Brewer's Blackbird. I'm getting ready for my art show (sneak peak below) mostly its the dreaded what should I wear to this event stage. I'm leaning toward my usual black on black outfit. 
The robins are out in full force outside my window, the ground is covered with them. Perhaps that would be an interesting subject for a large painting. There is some snow on the ground, not much. 
I made squid ink pasta with shrimp last night, a new favorite around the house. Even my daughter (who is now 14 months) enjoyed it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment